WE’LL WALK YOU THROUGH EVERY STEP FROM PLANNING TO PROJECT FINISH
Steel SIP Systems does not charge for estimates; however, after the initial consultation and free estimate of framing package from your sketch or plan, the next phase begins. Typically, the plans are not engineered for SIP construction and the draftsman is not familiar with the SIP system. To move forward requires plans modifications and a meeting with your architect or ours and defining construction details, etc.
If the initial estimate is accepted and the client wishes to proceed with the project, we require a signed consultation contract and a non-refundable fee to begin the next more intensive phase of the building process. This stage will require input from your architect and your builder.
ARCHITECTURE & ENGINEERING
- Meeting extensively and education
- Coordinating construction details
- Reviewing initial plans
- Making plans more SIP friendly and adding details
- Furnishing CAD details and product approval code
CONSULTATION WITH YOUR BUILDER…CONCERNS
- Order complete kit? Or cut blank panels ‘on site’?
- Order doors & windows from us or supply his own?
- Obtain qualified SIP installation personnel to meet his schedule
- Panel takeoff and component items
Consultation which requires traveling is done at a set fee schedule as well as a per diem for expenses.Telephone consultation is free for the first hour, after that the hourly fee will apply.
Please note: For multiple orders, the telephone consultation fee is waived.
WE’LL TRAIN 12 or MORE OF YOUR PEOPLE IN OUR STEEL SIP UNIVERSITY
TRAINING & EDUCATION
Steel SIP Systems understands that using steel skin SIPs is relatively new to the construction industry, and that there is a lack of trained and qualified
personnel familiar with this superior building system. For this reason, Steel SIP Systems has developed a comprehensive education and consulting program through Steel SIP University to educate and train all people concerned with this emerging technology. We can consult with and train architects, draftsmen, developers, contractors, installers, and building officials.
We can consult with architects and draftsmen to familiarize them with SIP friendly design techniques and supply them with CAD programs for connection details and Florida Product Approval Code installation instructions.
WE OFFER INTENSIVE 2-DAY TRAINING SESSIONS
- •Design considerations for SIP friendly buildings
- •Explanation of wind loading stresses and how they affect buildings
- •Step by step instruction for erecting steel SIPs
- •Overview of connectors, fasteners, and details
- •Cutting procedures for steel SIPs
- •Tools needed and their use
- •Door and window installation
- •Steel floor joists and components
In addition to an all day seminar, we also visit a project under construction, for on site training as to how everything ties together.
By completing this course, individuals will have learned how to properly erect a steel SIP building, and will receive certification from Steel SIP University that they have acquired the methods and knowledge necessary to help them succeed in this exciting building process.
Graduates will also receive updates by email regarding new tools, techniques, and any pertinent information that will further their expertise in the steel SIP system.
The education course is a set fee, with discounts available for multiple people from one company. Local building officials are always encouraged to attend free of charge, as all parties involved will benefit from their familiarity with the steel SIP system.